- Most Recent Blog -Really Enjoying This:)Really Enjoying This:)April 5, 2011
Last night we completed our third challenge to write children themed songs based on classic books. Mine was based on Winnie the Pooh, which was a joy to write. There are so many life parables in children’s novels. I was moved and impressed by the other artists…it’s such a treat to be in this creative [...]
- Most Recent Blog -thanks, dudes.thanks, dudes.April 26, 2011
so i got the hoof, and that’s totally cool, i had a feeling it was time. it was a relief in a way, i felt like i was having a heart attack every monday evening for the last six weeks:) i enjoyed my time and i got everything i wanted from this competition. it was [...]
- Most Recent Blog -The Sandstorm Cheat SheetThe Sandstorm Cheat SheetApril 29, 2011
So, there seem to be some mixed feelings about the cheat sheet that I provided to the judges. Many of the other contestants, who did a FANTASTIC job by the way, took a pretty straight forward approach to the challenge where as I took a more ambiguous approach. I did this because I wanted [...]
- Most Recent Blog -Walkin’ on Sunshine…whoa!Walkin’ on Sunshine…whoa!March 24, 2011
Monday marked the end of spring break, and this week I’ve found myself thrust back into the education system. Lately school has been a source of much frustration. Going to college is basically like having a full time job. And with my part time job on top of that, there’s hardly any time left [...]
- Most Recent Blog -My Latest CDMy Latest CDMay 4, 2011
I thought I’d take some time today to tell you about my latest CD “Evening Flood,” which I released this past fall. EF is my 4th CD and as far as I’m concerned it’s definitely my best.
- Most Recent Blog -Happy 420Happy 420April 20, 2011
I got eliminated but luckily i can celebrate my sorrows away today. it’s been a great run and everyone in the competition was beautifully unique and real. monday nights will never be the same. what a humbling and maturing experience. props to jonathan, pat, and jimmy. Jonathan, you remind me [...]
- Most Recent Blog -CivilityCivilityApril 29, 2011
I keep waking up in the morning trying to remember what I am supposed to be writing about this week! I’ll admit that it is a relief to have the week off, although I almost don’t know what to do with myself. I’m sure my wife and daughter are appreciating the extra time and attention [...]
- Most Recent Blog -Hey, doesn’t that look like a̷Hey, doesn’t that look like a…April 4, 2011
I was researching the Little Mermaid over the weekend (never thought I’d say that). You know, to get a little insight into the story a bit. I found two things that were interesting.
1. Hans Christian Andersen’s version is totally different. Ariel doesn’t end up with the prince and she actually dies. I guess Disney wanted to [...]
- Most Recent Blog -Ragtop GuyRagtop GuyMarch 29, 2011
Apparently, I need to get a convertible. We asked our musicians to write a summer song as our second challenge in the competition.
My barometer for a good summer song is whether or not I want to ride in a convertible. I didn’t realize this was a requirement until Jimmie Linville (one of the other judges) [...]
- Most Recent Blog -First Performances…Done!First Performances…Done!March 22, 2011
There’s all kinds of nervous energy around here on the days leading up to the first Project M performances. And the day finally arrived- the musicians filed in, we made a few announcements and then they played.
And oh, did they play.
The only disappointing thing was the fact there there is no obvious elimination. Sometimes it’s [...]
- Most Recent Blog -way too sexual? not really.way too sexual? not really.March 30, 2011
hey everyone! last monday yielded a fantastic buch of songs from all the musicians, and i’m looking forward to next week.
of course there are things i’m not looking forward to, specifically making another elimination. jon unintentionally threw me under the bus this last monday when we had to eliminate our first contestant, citing me [...]
- Most Recent Blog -MilwuakeeMilwuakeeMarch 12, 2012
There is a real shortage of good live music venues in Madison, maybe even more so in Milwuakee. We are lucky to play at the Ale House, it’s been there for a long time and has always had bands. I remember going there when I was 20 years old and seeing Greg Koch and the [...]